Sunday, November 11, 2012

Compassion

Beth and I spent the day yesterday helping out at the booth for Compassion International at the regional Hearts at Home Conference.  It was really a great experience and I think, in total, something like 70 children found sponsors.
I know Beth and I have been blessed by the opportunity to sponsor Iksan, who lives in Indonesia; and I really believe that Compassion is a great ministry that does amazing, life-changing things for children in need around the world.
I was especially touched by the story of a 23 year old girl who has a refrigerator with 7 Compassion children's pictures on it.  She lives sacrificially for the sake of those 7 children because, as she says, she knows she has it far better off than any of them.  And she's right.
If you've ever given much thought to sponsoring a child in need, I'd highly recommend Compassion as an effective and trustworthy avenue.  The relationships you can build with these children are surprisingly personal and will impact you in ways that might surprise you.

To the 70 that committed to bless a child's life and to anyone else that might decide to do the same:


No comments:

Post a Comment