Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Who will it be today? #2

Who will it be today?  The shuttle driver.

I had to take the car to the shop today for some normal maintenance stuff.  Quite conveniently, they provide shuttle service back and forth to your home or job while they are working on things.
When I dropped the car off at 7:30 in the morning, the shuttle driver that brought me home was an older gentleman.  He was quiet but friendly and unassuming.  After I got home I decided I would hand out my letter to him on the return trip.

I prayed.  I asked God to give me an opportunity and to give me courage.

What He gave me was a burly, goateed fellow for the return trip to the dealership.  I should have figured.  I had all but decided to wuss out until the moment we pulled into the drive.  Then, whether it was the Spirit's urging or not, I felt a moment of awkwardness that seemed like the perfect time.  As I stepped out of the van I turned and thanked the gentleman for the ride and gave him my letter; and I think I wished him a happy Thanksgiving.  I dunno.  But I was at least mostly obedient on this occasion.

On another note; the Honda Odyssey is truly an amazing automobile.

Who will it be tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment