Monday, November 19, 2012

The Cancer Chronicles, #4


*The Cancer Chronicles is a re-posting of blog updates I gave during my initial diagnosis and treatment*

June 10, 2011:

I spent most of the day in a Benadryl-induced coma, so excuse me if this short update is completely unintelligible.  I had a reaction to some platelets today but, aside from getting one of the most impressive rashes I've ever seen, I suffered no real harm.

I know a lot of you have been praying for the bone marrow biopsy and I wanted to thank you all and let you know that the marrow came back aplastic (good!).  So, for now at least, I am in a tentative clinical remission.  Now, we just wait for the marrow to start bouncing back and see what grows.  Continue to pray that things grow back normal and without cancer.  Right now the white count is around 600 and it may take a couple weeks for things to really kick back into gear. 

Thanks again for the prayers, more to come later.

...and go Mavs.

No comments:

Post a Comment